JPC MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES
November 28, 2017
The meeting was called to order by Chairman of the Board Joe Hill at 7:30 p.m.
Board Members Present:
Absent: Greg Buss
Introduction of Hosts: Ken and Lynn Vicker
Introduction of Guests & Associates:
Bill Hominick and Ron Carlo
Additions/Deletions to Agenda:
Add Hoffman Estates winter restaurants
Greg is home recovering from knee replacement surgery. He is in therapy and plans to attend the Holiday party. Tom K is in the hospital. At this point, he only wants family at the hospital.
VP Chapter Management Report: Bob Wagner
Meeting & Programs:nothing to report
Editor: desperate plea to send articles and photos for the blog
VP Community Relations Report: Lynn Vicker
2018 calendar is on the table
Tour Director:riding season is done. Will be asking for mileages in December
VP Individual Involvement Report: CandiWenzon
Membership (G Barrington)
- AMA – Now need 50 paid AMA members to be a social club in the AMA or it costs $50 per year
Motion to pay $50 to the AMA for this year: Lynn Vicker
Second: Bill Mumford
Discussion: there are benefits for us; good marketing tool
Motion: passed unanimously
- Membership – none
- Speak Up – none
- Birthdays – November birthdays were honored
- Event financial reports: Halloween Potluck
Total expenses – $200.05
Total income – $168.00
Loss – $32.05
Motion to accept budget report as presented: Bob Wagner
Second: Lynn Vicker
Motion passed unanimously
- Halloween potluck – Party was held at Masonic Lodge in Elmhurst. Lots of delicious food; 23 people attended. Prizes were awarded for costumes.
c.Holiday Party –At Rose Garden on December 9thstarting at 5:30 until 9:30-10:00 PM. Buffet dinner –Grecian chicken and London broil. The room fee was waived. There are 34 people signed up to date.
- Nominations were opened and closed for the positions of president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. Bob Wagner accepted the nomination for vice-president.
50/50 & Door Prizes
On a bike:
50/50:$30 was won by Sunil Hans
Several door prizes were given to various ticket holders.
- Event budget requests:
Motion was made to accept the Holiday Party budget: Candi Wenzon
Second: Lynn Vicker
Discussion: is tax and gratuity included in?
Motion: Passed unanimously
- Call for vote to accept the amendment to take out awards and recognition director. Amendment passed.
c.With the new constitution, there was a concern about the budget – new amendment says the Executive Board will “prepare and” present the annual budget. A petition was presented to the Board with the new language.
- Insurance policy will be determined by the Executive Board
- Jack Frost – Will be held at the Thornwood on January 1st.
- Hoffman Estates – A question was posed by Frank: should we use the same schedule throughout the year so that we are not using Rose Garden over and over again through the entire winter?
Good of the Order & Adjournment
Gary – would like to see the Club go on. We can put up a booth at Rosemont show for $300.
Jean –send more cards to Tom and Greg
Steve – give back to the club and run for office
Marge – go see the Klairmont Kollection
The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.